Friday, July 24, 2009

My first flight by DC-3

We heard from Hilmar Ilton Santana Ferreira
Salvador - Bahia - Brazil

I love a lot DC-3 aircraft.
I am a Brazilian, now 72 years old, I had my first flight by the DC-3 plane of the Brazilian Air Force (FAB-Força Aérea Brasileira) "Correio Aéreo Nacional -CAN" ( National Air  Mail ). It was free; Otherwise to me it was then impossible to travel by plane.
I remember the first time, a long time ago,.  the trip was from Petrolina, Pernambuco, where I was born, to Fortaleza,  capital city of Ceará state. We were ready on the runway to begin the flight, than the aircraft went back to the airport terminal and one began to fix the engine .
We waited a long time to repair the machine an then we  went  into the beautiful DC-3 and go ahead in a so happy voyage.
One of the most beautiful thing of DC-3  was the position of  its wheels: two at front and one behind, just contrary to present day aircrafts.
What a memory from the DC-3!

No comments:

Post a Comment